Early in 1954, Edwin Lawless began a welding business in a small barn behind his house in Russell Springs, KY. Long hours and hard work enabled him to purchase more land and expand his repair business in the same year. By 1958 the business had several employees and had expanded into manufacturing. This established a regional market for the fabrication of structural steel and steel tanks.
Lawless Welding had grown to ten employees by 1970 and was once again ready to expand. Gene Smith joined the business the following year and the company was further diversified into wholesale steel and building materials.
Today, the business that began in a small barn has grown into a diverse corporation offering customers a wide range of products and services. The experienced designers and welders at Lawless Welding Inc. provide impeccable service ranging, from custom ornamental ironwork for individual customers, to the design and fabrication of pallets for the automotive industry.